6.2 Genetic Modification
- Can you describe the use of restriction enzymes and ligase enzymes?
- How do plasmids and viruses act as vectors, which take up pieces of DNA, and then insert this recombinant DNA into other cells?
- How can we manufacture large quantities of human insulin?
- What is the potential for using genetically modified plants to improve food production e.g. pest resistance?
- What does the term transgenic mean?
Download my PowerPoint presentation on this topic for only £0.99:
Learn what a gene is and how it can be modified
Click here to see how to manufacture large quantities of human insulin using bacteria.
Click here to watch a video about how GM plants are made in the lab.