5.5 Selective Breeding
- How can plants and animals with desired characteristics be developed by selective breeding?
- Can you describe the process of micropropagation?
- How can micropropagation be used to produce commercial quantities of identical plants (clones) with desirable characteristics?
- How was dolly the sheep created?
- What is the potential for using cloned transgenic animals, for example to produce commercial quantities of human antibodies or organs for transplantation?
Download my PowerPoint presentation on this topic for only £0.99:
Breeders have created gigantic cows that resemble bovine body-builders, watch the video below to see how this has been achieved.
Click here to learn about how Dolly the sheep was cloned.